Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year: 2007; The Year In Review!

A little over 4 months ago, I entered the world of blogdom. As we close out yet another holiday, I am taking a pause to look back at the summary of blogs I have written. Twenty-something posts later I believe I have consistently delivered on my commitment and desire to engage, entertain, and inform.

As was the case with Thanksgiving and Christmas, I anticipate most readers will embrace the tendency to extend their leisure-time activities, while many others will concentrate on returning to the rigors of work. Based on the reality associated with those choices, I have decided to borrow from another tried-and-true, time-honored, formulaic response to Holiday Scheduling. This week, I devised a Best Of/Top 10 List of the items I posted in 2007.

In the spirit of full disclosure, it is important to note, there is nothing scientific or objective about the list. Quite the contrary, it is simply the enumeration and ordering of the posts, based on my view of the significance and/or impact of the stories. Why do it this way? Because membership has its privileges and ownership (my blog) is the ultimate membership!

Below are the 10 stories, I chose and the order I placed them, from number 10 to number 1, the top story. Feel free to scroll down and review any or all of the posts, including those not on this list. As always, I appreciate your interest and love to hear your thoughts about the stories, and/or my views.

I hope that you have had an extraordinary Holiday season, that you had a fantastic New Year’s Day celebration/observance, and that 2008 will be a phenomenal year for you.

That’s it for me; holla back!

Read my blog anytime by clicking the link: http://thesphinxofcharlotte.blogspot.com/ , or by Googling thesphinxofcharlotte. A new post is published each Wednesday.


10. Whatever Happened To…? (8/24/07)
9. Et Tu Marion: The Rise and Fall of a Track Star (10/17/07)
8. Will Michael Vick Ever Play Again in the NFL? (8/22/07)
7. Rising Like the Phoenix; But You Knew He Would! (11/28/07)
6. Obama Plays the Experience Card (8/20/07)*
5. Jena 6 Does Not Add Up – (8/29/07)
4. Countdown to Election ’08 (12/1/07)
3. Is The Foundation Crumbling? (9/19/07)
2. Total Loss; Nothing Lasts Forever, R.I.P. (12/19/07)
1. The Blame Game (10/24/07)

No comments: