Wednesday, October 11, 2023

I Got The Jab: 6.0

It's time to Break It Down!

I Got The Jab: 6.0

In the ever-increasing cultural divide, in which we find ourselves enmeshed, here in America, and globally, public health has devolved from a mutual imperative to the third element, along with politics and religion, no longer suitable for public discourse. In contemporary times, culture wars dictate that you are either a sheep-like liberal, mindlessly following the dicta of the ideology bosses, or a conspiratorial zealot, convinced that conventional wisdom is, well, just another attempt to control you, obviously, to no good end.

In January 2021, I received my first COVID-19 vaccination, quickly followed by the second dose in February. Since that time there have been four subsequent boosters or updates, I’ve had each and every one. I realize there is a healthy dose of vaccine skepticism, as well as a highly charged debate around the validity of covid as an actual thing. 

This is where I say, with conviction, I don’t mind if someone doesn’t believe covid is real. I don’t care if someone rejects the notions that medical science has cured many people of myriad diseases, while, totally eliminating several diseases. After all, there are folks who don’t believe in the moon landing or who do believe that vaccines are the cause of all kinds of maladies, but don’t believe that OJ did it. Suit yourself.

As for me, I got the most recent covid shot a few weeks ago. Years ago, I resolved to avoid arguing about the efficacy of covid vaccines. When the next round of vaccines emerges, I plan to be in the queue to get mine. I will pass on the drama of debating folks about the topic. Do you; I’m good. “I Got The Jab: 6.0!”

I’m done; holla back!

Read my blog anytime by clicking the linkhttp://thesphinxofcharlotte.comFind a new post each Wednesday.

To subscribeclick on Follow in the bottom right-hand corner of my Home Page at http://thesphinxofcharlotte.com; enter your e-mail address in the designated space, and click on “Sign me up.” Subsequent editions of “Break It Down” will be mailed to your in-box.

For more detailed information on a variety of aspects relating to this post, consult the link below:

http://thesphinxofcharlotte.blogspot.com/2023/10/i-got-jab-60.html


No comments: