Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Vote '22 Part 4

It's time to Break It Down!

 

It’s Raphael: Dems 51 - GOP 49.

 

Somewhere around 10:27 p.m. last night, it was announced on the Fox News Channel (back to that later) that Senator Warnock would win the Georgia Primary Runoff, and re-election to the U.S. Senate. In the next Congress, Vice President Harris will no longer be required to do double-duty, Democrats can dropkick the power-sharing agreement they negotiated with Republicans for the 117th Congress, and perhaps most important, Democrats will now Chair and control all Senate Committees. Given that the GOP will control the House, having an absolute Democratic majority in the Senate was a compelling necessity. It will still be tough sledding, but a 50-50 Senate would have posed an even more onerous burden on Democrats, and quite possibly even democracy itself.

 

Oh yeah, Fox News. The race was tight all night, as expected. I don’t know what time it was called on CNN, but I knew whenever Fox called it, whatever Fox called it, the right would align behind it, because, well you know, Fox is Fox. What else do you need to know? I then turned to CNN, and saw they were making the same call.

 

Just before Fox broke the news, Laura Ingraham posed the question, why do Democratic cities always come in with late votes? I presume this was headed toward another dark and capricious conspiracy theory. However, before she and her panel were able to give it the full treatment, the race was called. I don’t know whether they returned to the subject, as I turned after they projected Senator Warnock would win.

 

I could go on about the implications/ramifications of this race, but frankly, I need a break. I imagine you do too. So, to the voters of the Peach State who supported Senator Warnock, and to Warnock contributors world-wide, a well-deserved Thank-you. That’s it for…”Vote ‘22 Part 4!”

 

I’m done; holla back!

 

Read my blog anytime by clicking the linkhttp://thesphinxofcharlotte.com. Find a new post each Wednesday.

 

To subscribeclick on Follow in the bottom right-hand corner of my Home Page at http://thesphinxofcharlotte.com; enter your e-mail address in the designated space, and click on “Sign me up.” Subsequent editions of “Break It Down” will be mailed to your in-box.

 

Consult the links below for more detailed information on a variety of aspects relating to this post:

 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/georgia-senate-race-results-12-06-22/index.html


http://thesphinxofcharlotte.blogspot.com/2022/12/vote-22-part-4.html


No comments: